The Friends of Old Woman Creek promotes public awareness and appreciation of the uniqueness of the estuary and supports stewardship programs that sustain the ecological integrity of Old Woman Creek.
What We Do
- Provide funding for research, education, stewardship and training programs at the Reserve, including summer internships.
- Provide travel assistance grants for K-12 classrooms to attend programs at the Reserve.
- Support watershed improvement efforts locally.
- Assist OWC staff by helping with field trips seminars, cultural events, newsletters and special projects.
- Volunteer as host/hostess at the OWC Visitors Center welcome desk.
- Operate a Nature Shop that sells field guides, OWC postcards, note cards, pins, hats, t-shirts, earrings, artwork and more.
- Participate in regional birding events.
- Social Media includes Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
To accomplish our mission, we are heavily dependent upon donations from like-minded individuals, organizations, and businesses. We are a 501(c)3 organization, tax ID# 31-1558031, and all donations are fully tax deductible.
Friends of Old Woman Creek
President: Sandy Wright
Vice President: Rosemary Kovacs
Treasurer: Tim Adams
Secretary: Char Schuman
Board of Trustees
download the by-laws of the Friends of Old Woman Creek: